Wednesday, September 12, 2012

20 weeks and I can feel it!

So a week ago Sunday, we were sitting in church at the Tri-Cities with Brian's parents and I felt a weird muscle spasm, kind of like a bubble of pressure. My first thought was, "I have never felt that before!" So I grabbed the Brian's iPhone (yes, I was googling during the sermon - I normally don't use the iPod/iPhone during church, but I figured this was an special occasion) and started googling what people had said the first movement around 19 weeks felt like. One comment said an involuntary muscle spasm and I knew exactly what she meant.

I leaned over to Brian and said, "I think I just felt the baby move." He asked, "isn't it too early for that?" I said "No, my doctor said I could start feeling it around 16-17 weeks." So then he realized what that meant and grabbed my hand and squeezed it. It got me very excited!

Fast Forward to yesterday - I had been feeling the baby move a couple of times a day for the past few weeks but yesterday while laying in bed, I felt this big wave of pressure so I put my hand there and felt it again, both with my stomach and my hand! I was excited, but also bummed that Brian wasn't there to feel it.

This morning I woke up right before Brian's alarm because I have been struggling with a soar throat since yesterday evening. Brian woke up shortly after and we laid there for a little bit. I felt that feeling in my stomach again and I asked for his hand hoping it would happen again. He was confused but as soon as I put his hand there, it happened again and he said, "Woah!" It was a pretty fun experience.

Despite feeling tired and not being able to bend over easily (I know, it's only going to get worse), I LOVE being pregnant. It has been a fun experience.

We have our ultrasound on Friday and I'm so excited to see our baby! We (I and brian has agreed to let me do what I want to do) have decided to not find out the gender yet. I don't know if we will before the baby is born, but I feel like I have the perfect opportunity - which I'll explain later.

1 comment:

  1. That was always my favorite part; feeling the baby move. That's when it seemed to hit me. Funnily enough, I think that the first time I felt Emmett move I was in church too ;) Glad to hear things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete