Wednesday, July 11, 2012

3rd Anniversary

Brian and I have been married for 3 years today!

I don't feel like we are newlyweds anymore, I haven't felt that for a while. I think that is for a number of reasons.
  • This our second house that we are living in.
  • We are having a baby (which is an exciting new experience to share together)
  • We've been married for 3 years.
Last year, we still felt like we were newlyweds. But I think after having 3 valentine days together, going on a big trip to Disneyland together as a family, having a few weekend getaways through out the years, it feels like we have this marriage thing down. Well, at least it's not new any more.

I just tried on my wedding dress (something that I did last year to see if it still fit and just to feel pretty). It barely fit. It was snug going up around my belly and then my chest. I know I'm not that big for being pregnant, but I have put on some lbs since my wedding day, so that along with I just ate, and having a baby in my belly, it was pretty snug.

After I put the veil on and looked in the mirror, I felt a little sad. I realized that next year, I probably will not be able to fit into it. My belly will be bigger - but even if I lose that, my chest will not be normal size - it will be breastfeeding size.

Oh well, there's always the year after that. :-) I can use the wedding dress to be my goal of what I want to fit into eventually.

Anyway, It has been a wonderful 3 years and I am so excited to sharing this new experience with my best friend of having a baby together!

2 comments: